Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem displaying .jpg pictures on form quickly

Status
Not open for further replies.

NorthNone

Programmer
Jan 27, 2003
US
I have a form working that displays .jpg pictures successfully. The picture is based on a text field holding the name of the picture. I have added a multitude of subforms to the main form. Now when I scroll through my main form records quickly enough I get the following message: "Method 'Picture' of object '_image' failed" The error number is -2147417848. Works fine if I use .bmp pictures but they are SO big. Based on Northwind.mdb Employees form.
Any help GRATEFULLY received. Thanks for taking time to read this.
JeanS

NorthNone,

I strongly recomend you, to do not save or load the Image to your Table, then you'll face some problem later (Huge Data Size, Invalid Argument .....Etc), So the best way is to just store the image file name in your table then create ActiveX Object Like (Microsoft Forms 2.0).
Place this code on Form Current
Me.ActiveXName.Picture = LoadPicture("Your Folde Path") & Me.YourImageNumberFieldName.

Good Luck, And Sorry For English Accent.

All I have in my database is a text field with the name of the picture, not the picture itself. Do you have any ideas what is causing my problem? TIA Jean

I Think U Have Saving Ur Jpg File From Programme which not supporting Jpg General Code, Try to Specify The Saving From Adobe Photoshop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back