Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem Deploying Application Using CR Viewer in VB 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadCatmk2

Programmer
Oct 3, 2003
GB
Hi all

Not to sure if this is the correct forum to be posting on for this or not but here goes.

I have an application that lets a user select the specific type of report they want. It then prompts them to click on different options and then goes and creates the report through a Crystal Viewer in VB 6. This works great on NT machines but my problems start when i have tried to deploy it on an XP machine. Under the Administrator profile the program works fine but when a new limited profile is created the application just hangs when trying to create the report.

What i'd like to know is if anyone has experienced problems with anything like this on an XP machine, and if they have any ideas about solving it.

I created the reports in Crystal 9. The application uses the .dsr files created in VB 6.

Thanks in advance.

I had similer problem but I resolved with correcting the data connectivity with CR. I found with ADO connection Admin....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back