Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

problem creating workspace need help most urgently

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonun

IS-IT--Management
Dec 26, 2001
US
I have this SPS running fine for some time now. Now, when I was trying to create new workspaces, I go through the wizard, enter the details, afterwards, I get a "creating workspace, will take some time" message. After sometime I get a "permission denied" message. It asks me to check the event logs for more info. I go into the event logs and see an entry for SPS. I open it to see the following error,
"Workspace Creation - An index could not be created. Permission denied."
I havent messed with any settings of late. What could be the problem. Please advise. I need advise on this asap.
Thanks.

the only other erros I see in the event log is,

Windows cannot unload your registry file. If you have a roaming profile, your settings are not replicated. Contact your administrator.
DETAIL - Access is denied. , Build number ((2195)).

I dont know if thats relevant, but just thought I shoudl post it.

Thanks.

I also went into SPS MMC -> Properties -> Accounts -> Default Content Access Account and set the proper permissions there.
But still mo luck.
Please advise.

Hi,
I have a problem which is very similar to yours....
How did you solve it?

Thanks,
Pina

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back