Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem creating MDE file

Status
Not open for further replies.

awhitsel

Programmer
Feb 22, 2001
US
I am working with another person on creating an MDE file out of a Access 2000 database.

The program was written in Access 2002 using a default Access 2000 format. Whenever my co-worker tries to compile the database as an MDE file, the option is disabled.

When the database is opened in Access 2000, and the process is tried there, she gets an error message stating that Access 2000 was unable to create the MDE file.

She wants to be able to keep the users from going into the database and playing with the code. I had suggested that the only other option available would be to implement user security, which is something that the head of the office for which this program is written for wants to avoid.

Any other suggestions?

Thank you.

I opened up the database in Access 2002 and tried compiling the code, but the "Make MDE File" option is still disabled.

Try opening a blank database in Access 2002 and importing all the objects into it. Then you should be able to convert into an MDE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back