Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem creating a Recordset in UltraDev

Status
Not open for further replies.

TonyMacaroni

IS-IT--Management
Jul 5, 2001
GB
Hi, I'm just starting to get into Ultradev and want to have users on a website search a database. I've created a page which asks the user for a search parameter, Ive started creating a page to view the results, when I'm trying to create the Recordset and test it I keep getting this message:

"[Microsoft] [ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Syntax Error (missing operator) in query expression 'LastName = 'search".

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Tony

Could you post how you wanted to create the recordset? Was it at the standard recordset creation window? Or did you enter an SQL statement yourself? If yes - could you post it? How's your database structured?

I think somebody will be able to help you after you provide this information...
allow thyself to be the spark that lights the fire
haslo@haslo.ch - www.haslo.ch​

I created the recordset using the standard recordset creation window, everything is working fine when I test the connection, but when I apply the SQL statement to filter the results (depending on what the user specified as the search parameter on the previous page), it comes up with the error.

The database is a very simple one for now, just one table, with columns for Name, Address, IDNo, Tel No, DOB, Age, and there are only about 5 records in it at the moment

Note that if you enter any SQL statement on the second tab this replaces your choices in the first tab - the first post says that your complete SQL statement looked like 'LastName = 'search'' - which misses something like 'select' :)

You can narrow your query in simple mode or write down the complete SQL statement in advanced mode (something like 'select * from tablename where LastName = 'search''.

Or did you mean something else by "apply the SQL statement"?
allow thyself to be the spark that lights the fire
haslo@haslo.ch - www.haslo.ch​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back