Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem Copying Fields From one document to Another

Status
Not open for further replies.

petersb

MIS
Nov 23, 2004
MY
Hi, I have a pdf document with a bunch of fields in it. We name these fields using a convention that our application recognizes and populates. The problem I face is that whenever our business requests a change to this document we need to make the change first to the source word document, convert it then add the fields manually again. All 350 of them! Very painful. If I copy and paste the fields from the previous version of the document they just don't work. I have noticed that the file size is considerably smaller on the document that does not work. Is there something I am doing wrong?

Regards

lifecycle designer/server is what you need. You can setup an xml link for each field. The semi automatic way is to set the pdf in lifecycle and name the fields the same and make set it to global. This way you type in one of the fields and it will auto populate the rest. Do a google search on lifecycle, its free for one year from adobe. Get the ES version much quicker then cs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back