Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem converting from Mercator 6.7.1 to 8.1 for 4030... 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

d3e794

Programmer
Dec 19, 2006
US
Hello:

I'm trying to upgrade from Mercator 6.7.1 to 8.1. We are using 813 transactions in 4030 EDI. The new version of x12mail.mtt seems to completely skip over 4030, so I've tried importing my 4030 trees from 6.7.1. I see, however, that the handling of the structure has changed between versions so the new structure no longer includes the GS/GE wrapper in the transaction set itself but separates it into a Header Grouping at the top of the x12mail.mtt.

It also appears to keep me from being able to edit these so I can't structure them the way they appear to be processed now.

Any ideas on where to get the 4030 EDI trees for version 8.1?

Thanks much in advance!!!
Tim

P.S. Despite paying for support, IBM has been unable to get me a number in their system so after months of battling, I've given up on that for now. Otherwise, I would just ask them per our contract. Frustrating.

Sounds like you are using the 8.1 version of Commerce/Partner Manager?

Yes, we are trying to convert to the 8.1 version of Commerce/Partner Manager. Any suggestions?

Mel162 already answered for me (thanks), but yes, we are trying to upgrade to the 8.1 version of Commerce/Partner Manager. Again, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Tim

I'll need to install that portion and look at it again. It's been a while.

Thanks eyetry! I hate for you to go to too much work, but any information would be greatly appreciated!

Tim

Sorry for not replying sooner, had the sewer backup in my basement and it's been draining my attention. Had planned to do this in spare time for you. It's going to be a bit longer.

Sewer backup is a bummer. Good luck on that.

I did receive a note from IBM saying the following:

"The structure has changed in the X12mail.mtt from the old release. That is why you see the difference. The change was done for performance reasons. To implement 4030, you will need to use the new X12 type trees with the EDI X12 Pack for WTX 8.1."

....but I'm still trying to find where to get the service pack they are talking about. The help desk said they were a separate department, and couldn't help with that so I'm trying to go through other connections. Do you happen to know the URL to get the EDI X12 pack for WTX 8.1? I'm under maintenance, but have one heck of a time getting a response from IBM.

Thanks,
Tim

The fix packs should be issued to you on the software download site if you are entitled to them. This involves ensuring that your service contract is correct. Lots of people seem to have incorrect contracts since IBM took over Ascential. It took me around 4 months to get ours sorted out.
The url for the downloads is

right, you should be able to delete the existing mtt file and create a new one using the wizard in commerce manager. that's what I wanted to test.

Sorry for not responding more quickly. I was trying to get the patch version, which took awhile. I did manage to get the patch, and import the 813 EDI transaction type for version 4030 into x12mail.mtt, but I'm still having the same issue. If I take a snapshot of the attempted run, it gives me the following message:

Map: /tptest/mercator/tmgr_v7.8/mmgr/sortx12.mmc
Status: Map completed(21): Input valid but unknown data found

This is for a data file which worked fine in Mercator 6.7.1, and the trading partner is referenced in the upgraded database so I'm a bit baffled on what to do next.

Any suggestions? Again, thanks for all of you help!

Tim

By the way, I finally (after 8 months of calls and e-mails) managed to get my IBM number so I now have support. Turns out the issue with this thread is that the 8.1 version does not support some of the same standard 4030 values that were supported in version 6.7.1. They have a ticket open to fix so that our published EDI guide that we've been using for the last couple of years can continue to be supported with the upgrade. Thanks again to everyone who offered suggestions for this issue!

Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back