Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem connecting to VisionFS server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chopsy

IS-IT--Management
May 29, 2002
AU
I've trying to get to grips with VisionFS (1.2) which has been installed across my network by my predecessor. I've managed to get access to all but one of my servers, but I can't get through to the last.

I've used the visionfs command line to set myself up as a visionfs user and make myself the administrator, but when I try to browse the server in Windows explorer it returns a "..is not accessible, you mikght not have permissions" error. All of the other servers at least allow me to browse the shares before creating a user, but this server won't allow me to even though I have created a user.

Any suggestions?

It looks like an encryption problem. Visionfs wants an unencrypted password and windows is sending an encrypted password, or the other way around. If this is the case, you will have to change one of them.

Wim

OK so on the basis that I can't get to profile editor to reconfigure the SCO box, how do I change WinXP to unencrypted or encrypted?

Go to: Start - Settings - control panel - administrative tools - local security settings - local policies - security options and enable Microsoft network client: send unencrypted password to third-party SMB servers.

Wim

I have also experienced a similar problem using VisionFS. I have found that after creating a valid user, stopping and starting Vision is not enough. A full system reboot of the SCO system has rectified the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back