Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem connecting to site server with the SMS console

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paranoid

MIS
Dec 11, 2001
CA
Guys,

I have set up the SMS software on one of our domains. SMS consoles have been installed on a few machines. I have noticed that when I log onto that specific domain, and use the SMS console to connect to the site server there are no problems.

However, when I log onto the network using an account on a different user domain I cannot connect to the site server.

I have given permissions to the site, collections, and etc. through the SMS console to the account on the other domain, but same results.

I receive a "Connection Failed:\\site server\root\sms" on the console.

When I try reconnecting to the site server I receive the error, "The Site Server cannot be contacted. Please enter a new site server."

Thanks for the help,

Paranoid

Right click Systems Management Server in the admin console, choose All Tasks, Connect to Site Database. On the Locate Site database screen, choose the second option and type in the name of the server. Make sure you choose to load all console items.

dpheat28,

Thanks, but the problem was due to a permissions issue. An account was removed from a group that was added to the SMS Admins group on the primary site server and SQL server.

Paranoid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back