Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem connecting to a 2520 Cisco router

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mazhar123

Technical User
Jul 4, 2011
GB
I've just bought a Cisco 2520 router off of Ebay. Connecting using Hyperterminal I just get a continuous output of the letter c. ie ccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc etc. Any explanation of why this is happening and what I can do about it would be greatly appreciated.

Mazhar123,

When you reboot do you get anything before the CCCCCCCCCCC.... or is it always CCCCCCCCCC ???

Normally I have had issues when someone has set the config regerstry wrong and it is communicating at a different baud rate but it normally looks like the router is cussing at you with all sorts of strange output!

You can try resetting the different baud rates and see if you get anything else other than cccccccc that is readable.

Or, if you have another 2500 that works you could try swapping the RAM and FLASH memory and see if something is wrong with that.

Hope this might help!

E.A. Broda
CCNA, CCDA, CCAI, Network +

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back