Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem connecting RPC over HTTPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

fakhriseth

IS-IT--Management
Jul 18, 2006
KW
A while ago I posted the problem below on Google news group, but it seems like no one where able to help, and because I am having hard time giving up on this, I thought that I maybe could get some help from exchange support.

I have configured RPC/HTTP according to the following article – but my main problem is that it works from inside the company but not from the outside. My setup is like this.

I have two domain names one called (this is being used for outside access) (this also has a valid certificate) and I use an internal name called serverhostname.inside.com

Exchange server has IP 192.x.x.AAA which is connected to my ISA server that has Public IP.

If i ping to mail.outside.com , it resolves correctly to my Public IP of my ISA Server 2004.

If I use - then I am able to make the Connection from the inside. But if I use the real name from the Outside then I am able to do the connection.

I am not able to get to the website and this gives me the error below.

Internet Explorer cannot Display this page

Everything else on the server works, I can use the OWA from outside through

I configured the valid ports to look at my internal name servername.inside.com.....

i type following command on Exchange Server which is mine back end server

c:/>rpccfg /hd

server Name Port Settings

mail.zzz.com 6001-6002 6004

servername 6001-6002 6004

servername.xxx.com 6001-6002 6004

I configured the RPC folder to use Basic auth, and to use SSL.

Does anyone have an idea what the problem is, if you need more info let me know.

You might want to ask this in the Exchange 2003 forum, forum955, rather than here in the Exchange 2007 forum

We are having the same problem, did anyone ever find a solution. Thanks
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back