Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem Changing DNs in Norstar MICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

phoneguy610

Programmer
Apr 3, 2009
US
When i get into system programming, changing dns is supposed to be an option. Instead it gives me a companion option which i have never seen before. I also searched through the entire config to find a change dn option and could not locate it. any ideas?

login by configuration mode f**266344 266344 "default password"

Samo

I did login that way... that is where i cannot find the change dns option.

It depends on what software you are using. But most of the newer software has it under system programming the second option is change DN

Thats not my fastball, thats my hurry up and get by you pitch... Satchel Paige

I know for a fact it is not under system programming. Im not sure of what software it is, but where else could it be?

I am not on site right now but all the options appear just as they do on any other Norstar Configuration. But when i get to system programming and hit show the second option is Companion. I went through all of the other options in system programming also and still could not locate the change dn feature.

The set i was using was on the desk, they have no phones in the telephone rm. I also went to 2 other phones in the office and it gave me the same thing. How do i get around this.

It sounds like you're in installer programming, but to make sure, check under passwords to make sure it'll let you change the installer password. If not, someone down the line changed it, and you're actually in admin programming.

do i have to be in installer programming or admin, i did not know it made a difference and which would allow me to change dns?

Installer, but someone may have changed the default password for both installer level, and admin level.

First make sure I'm guessing correctly. If you can't change the installer password in programming, then someone has changed it. If they have, then check out the debug faq on this site, or call Nortel.

If you're in the right level of programming, then there's something weird going on. Change DN is always under sys prog.

im going back to the site on friday so i will check this out. Thanks so much for the help.

Some of us fool incompetent customers who keep messing things up by changing the config password, then changing the admin password to the config password.

Anyway I aske dwhat do you see on the display becausde old programming shows Administration....if thats what you see then thats what you get, new programming shows Terminals&Sets.
Best to state softwware version when posting so we are not guessing.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

it does appear as if i am in admin. The normal password for norstar config does not work. the old tech left me with a different password that appears to only allow me into admin programming. How do i get into configuration from here?

To reset it to default, either call into Nortel- they can call in and tell you what it is, or check out the Debug Faq on this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back