Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem : [C++ Error] tree.cc(379): E2015 Ambiguity between ... 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

zfranja

Programmer
Jun 7, 2000
YU
I have static libray, and I when create application whithout VCL that use this library everything is just fine, but when I create application with VCL and whith this library I receive error messages :<br><br>[C++ Error] tree.cc(377): E2015 Ambiguity between '_fastcall System::eek:perator !=(int,const Variant &)' and '!='.<br>[C++ Error] tree.cc(379): E2015 Ambiguity between '_fastcall System::eek:perator ==(int,const Variant &)' and '=='.<br>[C++ Error] tree.cc(391): E2015 Ambiguity between '_fastcall System::eek:perator ==(int,const Variant &)' and '=='.<br>[C++ Error] tree.cc(403): E2015 Ambiguity between '_fastcall System::eek:perator ==(int,const Variant &)' and '=='.<br>.<br>.<br>.<br><br>What to do next ?

&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;It looks like you have defined the <i>!=</i> and <i>==</i> in you library. The problem is that a VCL component has also defined <i>!=</i> and <i>==</i> and there is a conflict between the two. Depending on how you are defining these functions you may have to make your functions private or local.<br><br> <p>James P. Cottingham<br><a href=mailto: > </a><br><a href= Veneer Co., Inc.</a><br>All opinions are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect those of my employer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back