Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem between 2 406 V2s and a Definity system

Status
Not open for further replies.

andreaspergantis

Technical User
Nov 24, 2006
CY
Hi,
I have a client with 2 different IPOs 406 V2 and a Definity system. All systems are in different cities and for 3 years now, they have been communicating with each other via IP trunks with no problems whatsoever. 3 weeks ago we decided to upgrade the 2 IPOs to version 3.2(54), (they were running 2.1) so that we could use the "Allow outgoing call transfer" feature available at the 3.2 release (the IPOs didn't accept transfered outgoing calls from the Definity). Thus we did the upgrade in steps and except from checking the "Allow..." option we didn't change anything else in the IPO's configuration. Now we have the following crazy problem. While we can call from the IPO's any extension of the Definity with no problem, if we try to call from the Definity at the IPOs, the phone rings, the call can be answered, but both participants don't hear anything (call status shows that there is an ongoing call between the systems). I have double checked the old configurations and the new ones and they are virtually identical. Unfortunately I know almost nothing about the Definity system and the only thing I can say for sure, is that it is running v10 system.
Any help would be appreciated.

check QoS settings on the IPO's. ive seen these change during upgrades. also when running 3.x IPO, the Definity might have to upgrade firmware on the MedPro and CLAN. if you have never done this i would find a partner that can do this. its pretty involved and you need access to the download center to get the firmware. run a list config all and note the boards firmware. also do a display capacity and look at the release. this will give you some starting info. let me know what you have and i will try and assist. i have a few customers running your solution that started off with 2.1 and have also upgraded to 3.2 with no problems after.

Thanks for your post. Your help is really being appreciated. Now for the info you requested:

System: G3siV11 Software Version: R011i.03.1.531.0

01C14 IP MEDIA PROCESSOR TN2302AP HW20 FW102 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08

01C15 CONTROL-LAN TN799DP HW01 FW016 u u u u u u u u u u u u u 17

Waiting for your reply

CLAN isnt too bad but the medpro should defintly be upgraded. are they using the VoIP for just the IPO's? are there any other CLANS on the switch?

OK.

I spoke with a colleague of mine who knows the Definity system and he told me that the system has 2 CLANs, but the one I sent you is the one used to communicate with the IPOs. Also he told me that the Definity has 2 IP trunks used to communicate with the IPO's.

Now, here is GMT+2 and I cannot go to the client today. Also I have to arrange for my colleague to be available so that he can program any changes needed to the Definity.

Thanks again for the concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back