Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem aligning table

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhoenixDown

Programmer
Jul 2, 2001
CA
I need help aligning my table.

The main table should be aligned with the 'Navigation' table and not the 'poll' table. Cam someone please help me fix it?

Here is what it looks like:
Thanks.

I think that your nested tables is throwing things out of whack. I would suggest converting to frames or absolutely positioned DIV tags.

I'm just going to the code like it is for now, but could you show me how to fix it?

Thanks. :)

I would fix it by putting the entire thing in one single table. Good lord, you have up to five nested tables in this, most of 'em just nest>>nest>>nest. It took me ten minutes to figure out (by screwing with the borders) which table contained which data.

So, my recommendation is to design a very simple layout template. Include spaces to denote nests. Like this:

Code:
<html>
  <body>
    <table>
      <tr>
        <td width=&quot;100&quot;>
          menu
        </td>
        <td>
          body
        </td>
      </tr>
      <tr>
        <td colspan=&quot;2&quot;
          footer
        </td>
      </tr>
    </table>
  </body>
</html>
[code]

If you noodle on this template until you have what you like, [i]then[/i] you populate it with your content.

Good luck!

[monkey] Edward [monkey]

Like Lovecraft? Know Photoshop? Got time for the Unspeakable?
[URL unfurl="true"]http://www.petting-zoo.org/Movies_Dreamquest.html[/URL]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back