Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem after .NET Framework 3.0 installed

Status
Not open for further replies.

pkailas

Programmer
Jun 10, 2002
US
We have a C# dll written in VS 2005 or .NET 2.0. The customer installed .NET 3.0 on the server and the application won't load. We duplicated the issue in our test system by installed .NET 3.0. Unfortunately, merely uninstalling 3.0 doesn't fix this problem.

Does anyone know where to point me to fix this issue?

_______
I love small animals, especially with a good brown gravy....

how can we? we don't know anything about the problem, only that there is a problem.
1. check your application logs (your app should have logging in place)
2. check the event logs for .net errors

Jason Meckley
Programmer
Specialty Bakers, Inc.

I was hoping that this type of thing was more common. I recall having to edit some kind of .config file to tell an app to use .NET 1.1 after 2.0 came out. Not sure if that kind of thing still occurs.

However, to answer your question, there are not error messages that make it to our logging. And yes, we have a robust error logging routine in place.

What actually happens is that we get a message in our real time logging that states that it believes that the application is already running and cannot load. The odd thing is, we didn't put any code in to limit how many instances can run. And this only started happening AFTER .NET 3.0 was installed. Everything worked fine before that.

_______
I love small animals, especially with a good brown gravy....

3.0 is just an extension of 2.0. it's not like jumping from 1.x to 2.0 so I don't know where this break would be.

what do the event logs say? there may be more information there.

Jason Meckley
Programmer
Specialty Bakers, Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back