Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem adding users from another domain to a group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hillsa

MIS
Dec 11, 2003
US
I have a 2003 server that is in a domain with a bunch of 2000 servers. When I try to add users to the administrators group from one of the other domains, I click on location and I am unable to see the other domains. I can ping to and from servers on the other domains and can Remote desktop from the 2003 server into a 2000 server on the other domain. All trusts are in place and the other servers on this domain can add the users from the other domains. This is the only 2003 server in this domain.

You might try it with a Universal Security Group if you have a Global one presently.

If you have the users in a Global group in the W2K domain you might try to nest it into a Universal group then nest the Universal group in a Domain Local group on the W2K3 domain. This will update the Global catalog servers, which sounds to be the problem if your trust are up and running correctly.

HTH,

Z

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back