Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem adding members to a trunk group 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

gbanke

Technical User
Nov 15, 2001
US
I just added a new DS1 TN767E card to cabinet 1 in slot 12 on my G3. When I do a 'list config all' the card is displayed. I created a new trunk group for this card and am trying to add members to it. When I attempt to add member 01A1201 I get the message 'Must use administered DS1 or UDS1 circuit pack'.

Any help would be greatly apprciated.

Best regards,

Gary <><

You need to &quot;add ds1 1a12&quot; to configure the T-1 parameters. -CL

CL - That did the trick! Thank you very much for your prompt help. Much appreciated!

Thanks again!

Gary <><

Hello - we have an existing trunk group, we are adding more members. Have added the DS1's and built the members, however in the existing trunk group there are only 99 group member assignments - how do I increase the group member assignments?

Thanks

You can't. You need to add a 2nd trunk group and add the members there. You then need to add that new trunk group as a 2nd choice on the route patterns currently utilizing your 1st trunk group.

-CL

You must have an si, vs or Prologix system.

The maximum number of members in those trunk groups is 99.

You would have to upgrade your system. G3R or other large systems top out at 255.

The quick fix is to create a second trunk group. You can make it a second choice (in route plans) to carry calls.

Make the definitions the same (for night service and such if you use it) and incoming calls will work the same as the first trunk group.

To make things easy on yourself (should the T1 go down for any reason) don't put some of the channels in one trunk grouand and some in anoother. Just put them all in the new trunk group.

It'll be much easier to use commands like 'status trunk-group x' if you do.

Carpe dialem! (Seize the line!)

You must have an si, vs or Prologix system.

The maximum number of members in those trunk groups is 99.

You would have to upgrade your system. G3R or other large systems top out at 255.

The quick fix is to create a second trunk group. You can make it a second choice (in route plans) to carry calls.

Make the definitions the same (for night service and such if you use it) and incoming calls will work the same as the first trunk group.

To make things easy on yourself (should the T1 go down for any reason) don't put some of the channels in one trunk group and and some in another. Just put them all in the new trunk group.

It'll be much easier to use commands like 'status trunk-group x' if you do.

Carpe dialem! (Seize the line!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back