Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem adding FTP Component in Win2k Server - Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Hi All,

I have problem adding FTP component in my Windows 2000 Server (build 2195) no service pack.

When I go to start, Settings, Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs, Add/Remove Windows Components. I've checked the IIS box, and I have gone to the details to ensure that the FTP server is checked. I clicked Next to proceed the installation.

However, the progress bar just stays there, running. The FTP server is not being installed after I waited for one hr for the process to finish.

May I know what's wrong in the installation?

Any suggestions and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thankz.

Yarkee

If possible, have you have already tried restarting the server? Why haven't you installed the latest service pack? I think I would start by installing the service pack (SP2), then I would try installing IIS install again. Where are the Win2K files located, that the install program is trying to read, are they on CD? If so, is the Win2K CD in the CD-ROM drive? If so, is the CD-ROM drive working? Just a start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back