Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem accessing web config for DLink Extreme G router

Status
Not open for further replies.

whosquicklier

Technical User
Jul 20, 2003
I am having a problem accessing the web configuration for my D-Link Extreme G router. The model number is DI-624 for anyone that wants to know.

I recently upgraded the firmware on it to version 1.25 from 1.12. Some of you may think I used the wrong hardware upgrade for my revision, but I did not (you will see this if you go to the D-Link website and navigate to my model number, mine has 2 antennas).

Anyway, I am almost sure the problem had something to do with the upgrade. The web config is average at best in terms of speed and reliability, and I think this is where the problem is from. When I tried to upgrade the firmware, it never showed me it's usual "Settings Saved, restarting..." screen that it usually shows after I upgrade the firmware. I tried it again, but the same result.

Now, the web configuration does not respond, though I can ping the router and all the computers on the LAN work fine in terms of networking and internet use.

Anybody have any ideas (besides the ones given on D-Link's website for not being able to access the web config)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back