Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem accessing the Cap on Secondary site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kareem3

IS-IT--Management
Jan 30, 2001
US
I am hoping someone can help me with this other problem.
I recently change one of our servers from bdc to a dc. This machine use to be a secondary site server. I re-install sms on it and now I am having problems with client installing. When I check the logs they are getting the error message "Caplist on server cannot be accessed" I have tried just about everything from making sure the cap is there to giving everyone full control of the directory. The only thing I have not done is to move the cap to another server something I do not want to do. Can anyone help me please? Thanks

Not too sure about this. One time I had a similar problem where one of my CAPs got messed up. So I went into my SMS site and removed the role of Client Access Point from this particular server. Then, I waited about 5-10 minutes and saw that the CAP software and share was gone. Through my SMS site server, I re-enabled the server as a CAP. I then waited a short period of time and then saw the share and directory structure re-appear. There are no issue when doing this...This solved my CAP problem.

Thanks again Jpoandi. You seem like the only person to help. Anyway I have done that and it did not work. I did some research and found out that sometimes when you re-install a site the account that it use to connect to the CAP get messed up. Mainly the smsclient_xxx. The password for it is incorrect and so the account gets locked out. This is true cause I have two secondary site that were doing the same thing. I manually tried to install the client and then look the account in the domain and each time it got locked out. I created two similar accounts and that fixed it for one of the sites but I am still having problems with the other one. I think I might be able to find out exactly what's going on with this one a fix it. I will publish the result. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back