Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem accessing documents using citrix over net

Status
Not open for further replies.

gbl

MIS
Sep 6, 2001
CA
We have set up a citrix server with Metaframe xp fr2, on a windows 2000 server. Along with regular applications such as MS Office XP, I have put up some powerpoint presentations, Adobe pdf documents and MS word documents for access via clients in the office and through the internet outside the office.
We are able to use the programs okay using citrix inside and outside. But we can only access the powerpoint, word and pdf items, etc., using the Citrix client internally. When I tried to access them using the internet, I was able to see the icon for each item displayed in the expected locations after logging in via nfuse. However when I clicked on any of the powerpoint presentations, word documents, etc., I got a screen telling me that "the page cannot be displayed". (I tested the internet access via a windows 98 machine)
I am wondering if this is caused by permissions or the share name I assigned to the folder containing these documents. In each case the shares have read only permission as I do not want users modifying any of these documents (accidentally or on purpose).
It may be that I did not use the "Change user /install" command before copying the documents and powerpoint presentations onto the citrix server, but I would have thought this is not necessary.
Any suggestions toward resolving this would be greatly appreciated!

1. Are the external (internet) user connecting anonymously?

2. Check the client security settings. (Once connected click on the ICA icon in the upper left hand corner of the connection window).

3. Are the external users connecting to a published application or a desktop? Using the full Citrix ICA client or the browser plugin?

IS anonymous connection required for external users? What security risks does this pose? Or do I need to make some setting chnges for this? Also, external connections are made via nfuse classic 1.7 and we login using or office login names and domain.

Where would I find the ICA icon? Never saw it at any time in the upper left corner.

The users have no problem accessing programs such as word or excel or non-ms programs that I have published. The issue is with documents only, such as powerpoint presentations, excel spreadsheets and word documents.

Anonymous connections are not required. We only use them here when we are publishing an application and not when publishing a citrix desktop.

If you are publishing the application or desktop seamlessly you will not see the ICA icon.

Can the user access the documents if they connect to the server\application through a standard Citrix connection, NOT NFUSE?

We are having the exact same problem here. I have published a .pdf file to the NFuse site. I think problem stems from the file being located on the PDC. Any thoughts on this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back