Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem about NAT on Win2k Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

macromarco

IS-IT--Management
Jul 3, 2002
HK
Experts,

I have a Win2k advanced server and a nic installed Win2k professional which connects to the server. And the server connects to the internet through a cable modem.

<Internet> -- <server> -- <nic>
192.168.0.1 192.168.0.2

And I have activate the dhcp and dns server of the win2k advanced server. Both the server and nic are connected. They can use the active directory. And both fo them can access the interent when the internet connection uses ICS.

The first problem is:
Even I have enabled the service - FTP server and input the private ip of the nic from the setting of ICS. The outsiders still cannot access the ftp server of nic.

The second problem is:
when I have followed the normal procedure to enable NAT of the server, both the server and nic can't access internet.
When I stop the NAT and use ICS, both can connect internet.

I have spent much time on these problems and also have tried many different settings.

Anyone can give me valuable suggestions? ^^

Thank you in advance.

MacroMarco

When you set up RRAS, did you enter a static route for 0.0.0.0 with a subnet of 0.0.0.0 out your &quot;external&quot; NIC? I believe this may help you. And make sure you &quot;internal&quot; NIC does not have a default gateway defined.. Matt Wray
CCNA, MCP
[alien]

You cant run ICS with DHCP running. ICS has a mini DHCP server built into it. If you are using NAT why do u need ICS running on top of that?

hope that helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back