Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Proble with Phone Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

andreaspergantis

Technical User
Nov 24, 2006
CY
Hi,

I have a problem in a customer with phone manager. In the beginning the customer was using phone manager version 3.0 and they were having strange problems. In the morning when they were turning on their PCs their phone managers were logging in each time as a different user and they had to manually change it. So we upgraded their system to v3.2.54, uninstalled completely the older phone managers and then installed newer ones 3.2 The problem is now even worse as sometimes they have to try to login as their extension 2-3 times, before the phone managers accept the correct login. The system is a 403. Apart from this everything else works just fine.

Thanks in advance

In instances like this I would be looking at the way the PC/Network is saving the profiles and indeed what happens on a reboot IE. Are all the profiles still there with the same details.

Yeah, I thought as much. I asked the IT guy to check the network and the PCs for problems, ans in the meanwhile I edit manually all the settings, and folders for every user's phone manager.

look in the profile folder, it is probably getting overwritten. My documents is where they are at.

This is usually caused by users My Documents folder being pointed to a shared area.
Although you can move the profile location the file which tells phone manager where to find the profile (UserID.ini) has to be in My Documents\avaya\ip 400\phonemanager\profiles\

So if this area is shared the ini file is overwritten by the last user to log off.
According to Avaya themselves there is no way to change the location of UserID.ini.

Therefore the only fix is to ensure an individual My Documents location for each user.

Si

BATWEB you are bang on the money.

I have had two issues in the past week whereby users my docs is pointed to a shared area on the network, this caused PM to log in as different people to the credentials you were entering in the log in screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back