Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Probelm with caller ID to Sprint PCS only

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeter

Technical User
Apr 6, 2000
US
We just installed a Call Manager 4.1 and we are having a problem with receiving caller ID to Sprint PCS. Local, LD, and other PCS providers seem to be not affected. Now the puzzling portion of this is that it worked on the other system just find before the cut. Any Ideas?

“Reserve your right to think, for even to think wrongly is better than not to think at all”

CCNA,CCNP,CIPT, Network+
Tek-TIP Member 19,650
[americanflag]

the issue is from sprint PCS, not to sprint PCS, correct?

what are you getting? unavailable or restricted on the call id/cisco phone display?

what type of gateway are these calls terminating on and have you debugged any calls yet. if so please post

The caller id to a sprint pcs cell phone reads "Unavailable"
MGCP gateway and we are in the process of running a debug.

“Reserve your right to think, for even to think wrongly is better than not to think at all”

CCNA,CCNP,CIPT, Network+
Tek-TIP Member 19,650
[americanflag]

What settings do you have for that PRI in CCM for "outbound calls" as far as CLID, etc? Sometimes changing those and/or resetting the gatweway helps...I had settings that worked for SOME outbound calls, after changing a few they all worked-

also could be the service provider protocol and CM's protocol settings aren't ideal. What system were you on before and what type of interface did you have with the provider on that system?

I used to have the same problem with sending Caller ID information to AT&T cell phones. It was because of the configuration of the gateway in CallManager. The numbering plan and IE number type were set to Cisco CallManager... by changing these to ISDN and National I resolved the issue.

We have been working with sprint PCS they require a dial plan 001 and they see 00. We are making head way its just a matter of selecting the correct format....

CCNA,CCNP,CIPT, Network+
Tek-TIP Member 19,650
[americanflag]

The problem here was in the called party area where usually all parameters are set to Call Manager we had to change too North America Dialing Plan... I'm not sure why however we are installing another on the same release and I will test and advise.

CCNA,CCNP,CIPT, Network+
Tek-TIP Member 19,650
[americanflag]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back