Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Probably not possible but just thought I ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I was wondering if I can set or add a regular phone extension to ring when an incoming call comes into the ACD (customer service line). A customer service is out and need someeone to help answer calls. He dont want to sit where the call master III is either. But the problem is that the customer service is in an ACD pool and have to logg into their phones to get logged into the bcms. The phone type is a callmaster III. I know it is probably not possible, but is it possible if I were to add that one user into the customer service hunt group and pickup group and he/she will be able to get or see the call also when the call comes in through that 800 number.
Also will it be recorded in the bcms for testing purpose because the extenstion is in along with the customer service huntgroup you think.
I know I dont make much sense here but is it possible and have anyone tried it before.

You can create a spare agent login for that user. He logs in with that agent ID, and you can give him an 8434dx or something like that, that maintains power to the display (so he can see the calls in queue). Or any other phone for that matter with q-calls and vu-display, etc... buttons. And when he's done answering the calls he just logs out. He doesn't have to be anywhere near the callcenter per say, as long as the "agent-id" is associated in that skill(Customer Service). Make Sense? This way his normal extension will still be in service, and he will also be logged into the skill with his agent ID. Essentially having 2 numbers... Hope this helps...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back