Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Prob with keyboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

kilmeedy

Technical User
Aug 22, 2001
IE
When I hit the @ key I get " instead, and vice versa. These are the only two keys I'm having a prob with. How can I rectify this ?

you have the wrong keyboard map loaded

what OS are you running???

First thing I'd check is your keyboard layout. Make sure it's set to US. I believe the UK layout has the quotes above the number 2. Scarecrow

you are quite right Skark166 it sounds like Killmeedy is using the UK map

I'm using the Windows XP home edition. Is it in the Control Panel that I make the necessary adjustments ?

Merry Christmas:
This is how you go about it:
To add another keyboard layout or Input Method Editor (IME)
Open Regional and Language Options in Control Panel.
On the Languages tab, under Text services and input languages, click Details.
Under Installed services, click Add.
In the Input language list, click the language for the keyboard layout or Input Method Editor (IME) you want to add.
Select the Keyboard layout/IME check box, if multiple options are available, and then click a service in the list.
If Keyboard Layout/IME is the only type of text service available, click an option in that list.

Notes

To open Regional and Language Options, click Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click Regional and Language Options.
There may be only one keyboard layout for some languages.
To add an IME, you must have installed it on your computer first.
All copied from Win XP help section.

Hope it helps and enjoy X-mass. When every thing else fails,read the instruction manual!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back