Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

prob in Loading pics and buttons

Status
Not open for further replies.

asfiya

IS-IT--Management
Jul 29, 2003
US
I am making a website using dreamweaver 3 and i m doing the editing of pics in adobe photoshop 7,i have also made buttons in adobe photoshop. I have inserted those pics and the buttons in my webpage. When i preview the web page in my browser ie IE ver 6.0, all the buttons and the pics seem to be working fine.
I have linked those buttons to the other web pages too which i have made.
The webpage loads correctly. But when i click on the other button which links me to the other webpage,than the other web page loads but in place of the pics and the buttons,small red crosses come. The linking is same in both pages, i hav checked this again and again but i m not coming to any solution.Pls help me out.
Tell me why doesnt the buttons and the pics load when i click the button in the web browser,why do the smaill red crosses(pic not found) come.
Asfiya

Sounds like the path to the gif/jpeg file is wrong in the new page. The browser can't find it, so it substitutes a red cross in it's place.

Is the new page in a folder, not in the root directory?
If it is then the href to the pic/button will have to be changed.

For example,
Everything's ok on index.htm
New page (called page 2) is in a sub folder, not the root.

If a button has a file reference in index.htm of, say, "images/button1.gif"
then
on 'page 2' it will have to have a file reference of, say, "../images/button1.gif"

By the way.. if you haven't, then put the alt tag in your gifs and pics.. then if they don't work when someone looks at your pages, they will at least know what they are missing! Either fill in the alt box in the properties panel.. or put alt="descriptive text" in your image tag.

luds

some vesions of IE will mess up image loads...if IIS then see the "Anable HTTP Alives"
re start the IIS....
OR
if it is HTML issue do the post above

> need more info?
:: don't click HERE ::

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back