Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PRO1260 Problem HELP !!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mzysk

IS-IT--Management
Jan 18, 2005
US
Ladies and Gents HELP
We just got a new PRO1260 with Enhanced OS 3.1...
1st we couldn't get the VPN to work using GVC or VPN Client 8.0. everything matches on both sides but it won't pass the Phase 1 proposal (NO_PROPOSAL_CHOSEN)

2nd I was creating a new Policy on the firewall with basic settings to try to get the VPN to work I hit ok and thats when the mess starts. I can't access the firewall through a web browser, I can't ping it its invisible but its up and running . When I use the Sonicwall support tools from the CD that came with the wall the Setup tool it automatically finds it with the IP im trying to use to access or ping the firewall. I don't know what to do their Tech Support ( I don't want to go there) told me to wipe it. Is there another solutins to fix this issue that somebody might know any help will be appreciated. Thank you all

Have you changed the managment port to something other than port 80? Also try using https.

Make sure the machine you are trying to connect with is on the same subnet as the SW.

You can try just power cycling it too.

If all of those don't seem to get you anywhere you best bet might be to start from scratch. Did yoy by any chance backup your settings or export your config?

I will try to reboot today I havent changed any ports not sure if the config was backeup my boss set it up so hes kinda pissed but I will try your suggestions thank you.

Ref VPN access, have you mapped ports: UDP 500 and TCP 50 thro on the Public wan router to your Wan IP of the Sonicwall? if not the IPSEC VPN will not work.

Also have you set-up a mysonicall account at This will allow you to download the latest firmware for the 1260. It is important you have the latest release of enhanced firmware as there have been several updated recently.

Regards to the management console dissapearing, try HTTPS as suggested, if the does not work, reboot the appliance, if that doean't work follow the reset proceedure, after reset the 1260 will be accessible on https//192.168.168.168
the unit will be in safe mode and allow you to either start from scratch or restore your settings.

I would need more info from you about your set-up.

In the meantime I hope the info helps.

We have solved the issue the shared secret key wasnt loading correctly on the GVC. Thank you for your help all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back