Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pro-comm and windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

alamtnman

Technical User
Sep 5, 2002
US
we are migrating Pc's to windows 7 and have an issue with Procom. the prgram seems to come up ok, and you can even use the telnet to connect via IP to our pbx'x but location and old mer mail that require modem dial up are not working. we keep getting an error mesage " a Telophy resource is unavailible it may be in use by a non-tapi application."

Has anyone else had this issue or have any ideas on setting we can check.have tried different com ports and loaded new drivers to the modem.

we probally shoud upgrade to a new terminal program but would prefer not to due to the paper work and approval process the company requires to add any new software to our network.

thanks

T.R.
RCDD

there may not be any stupid questions
but their is a bunch of inquizative idiots
(myself included at times)

It's squirrely on Win7 but I just put up with it.

Make sure to hung up before you close the program is what I've learned.

~~
Gene at GHTROUT.com

Inadvertently launching second instance of Procomm will create that error on my Win7.

>****

Same here, if I go and run the diagnostics on the modem that corrects the issue also.

Right click on the Procomm Icon and select the Compatibility Tab, check the box RUN THIS PROGRAM IN COMPATIBILITY MODE FOR and then use the Drop down Box and select XP-Service Pack 3.
Runs just like XP

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back