Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PRN file won't copy to printer after first time

Status
Not open for further replies.

eroger

IS-IT--Management
Jun 10, 2008
US
I followed the directions in the FAQ about getting the ZPL code from the Zebra designer. The file printed out fine the first time when I used the following line at command Prompt: copy c:\Test.prn USB001.

Now, when I try to do it again, it asks if I want to overwrite the file. If I type y or n, it does nothing. Does anyone know what is going on.

I'm surprised that it worked the first time!

The 'copy' command will copy the contents of a nominated file to either another file, or to one of a supported set of device ports (the most common one being LPT1:).

As far as I'm aware, USB ports are NOT supported directly by the 'copy' command; for a USB-connected target device, you have to set the target as the Windows share-name (with a name perhaps limited to 8 characters in length) of a Windows instance of that device.

Your symptoms indicate that the 'copy' command thinks that the target 'USB001' is a file (not a device port), has already written to it once, and is now wanting to know whether or not it is OK to overwrite the file.

Ok, that makes sense. I already sharing the barcode printer, so I will try it that way.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back