Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

private pots line forward directly to phantom voice mail box ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hardybob

Technical User
Jul 17, 2008
US
i have a mics 4.0 with call pilot 100 - i want to set up a private pots line that forwards directly to voice mail, but there will be no phone/dn. i thought i could do this with a phantom mail box, but if there is no phone set i can't think my way through it. any help appreciated.

Put the line number in the express messageing of the mail box this will send it to the MB. If DID make the prime set the VM DN.

thanks, cook1082. i don't have the manual and did some searching on express messaging but didn't find much. it appears that it may not be default in the call pilot.? how would i turn it on? i was going to set the prime for the line to the vm dn. any add'l clarification would be appreciated. thanks.

Look In the MB admin open the mailbox and at the bottom is the exprexx messaging. If you don't have it your software needs to be upgraded.
There is another way if you have DID's/target lines is make the prime of the trunks the VM DN and Also the Target line's prime the VM DN and make a VM with the same number as the recived digits/Target line and the VM should answer.

thanks much. will look at this when i go back to the site. don't have rad there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back