Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Private line on CCM

Status
Not open for further replies.

cgangadeen

Technical User
Jun 23, 2007
GB
Can anyone help me on the issue below. We are deploying a CCM 4.2 system. The customer has an existing Nortel Meridian 1 PABX system and they have the 'Private analogue line' assigned on one of the keys of the phone. So whenever the user presses the private line key, he picks up the private analogue line and can dial out. Similarly he can receives calls whenever someone dial the number directly.

How can we configure CCM so that the above feature is available.

I don't remember much about CCM, but could you make use of per-line Calling Search Spaces here? I think you could arrange the CSSes and paritions such that this analog trunk is the only one available if that line is selected.

It's been a while since I touched a CallManager system, so I may be way off base.

I would advise to have the line put on to the PRI and program the extension on his phone....

Daily Thought:Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when
pushed down the stairs.

Tek-TIP Member 19,650
[americanflag]

jneiberger is on the money. Another way to do this is by making this a Ringdown (PLAR/BATPHONE). When the button is selected a connection is made directly to the FXO for this line and Dial Tone would be pulled from the analog line. For incoming, put the DN of the button on the FXO port as the Attendant DN.

I see what you guys are thinking... Place the local line on an fxo port, assign the attendant dn as the extension number of the original user and setup a dial plan with a particular pattern to access the fxo gateway for out bound calls......

Daily Thought:Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when
pushed down the stairs.

Tek-TIP Member 19,650
[americanflag]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back