Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

privacy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony316

Technical User
Mar 6, 2008
CA
Hi

My customer told me that sometimes the user can hear conversation of other person who works in the office and its the same with people who's calling from outside

What i should do to resolve that

Admin 4.1.12
VM 4.1.40

They use a Pri for lines

Tell the other people in the office not to talk so loud!!!!

Jamie Green

ACA:Implement - IP Office
ACS:Implement - IP Office

Football is not a matter of life and death-It is far more important!!!!

crosstalk on a PRI seems very unlikely, do they use digital phones?

Joe W.

FHandw., ACA, ACS

If you can't be good, be good at it!

Isolate who it happens to and move those phones onto different DS ports and see if the fault moves with it.

Jamie Green

ACA:Implement - IP Office
ACS:Implement - IP Office

Football is not a matter of life and death-It is far more important!!!!

Are you using VM Pro or Contact store.

ACA - IPOffice implement
ACA - IP Telephony
CCNA - Passed at last

I have always been under the impression crosstalk on digital was not something that really happened. Something about the way the signal travels or something?? I have no idea... but is it possible to have it on digital connections? Also who is the PRI provider? is it in the US.

Kevin Wing
ACA- Implement IP Office
Carousel Industries

When I have experience this problem it was a fault with the carrier which they resolved.

Cross talk cannot occur on digital signals whether its a digital phone or a PRI. You cant hear 1's and 0's bleeding through. The 1's and 0's have to be re-assembled by the csu before hearing the conversation. I think nemmens is right, its most likely the carrier.

We have had this also, on a 500 with PRI and as Nemmens said is was also the carriers issue. So start chasing them..they will deny it until they are blue in the face before they actually check, well that's how BT work anyway!!

ACS - IP Office Implement

I think that is in the requirments to be a carrier world wide... It will never be our fault.

Kevin Wing
ACA- Implement IP Office
Carousel Industries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back