Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PRIVACY FEATURE ON SINGLE LINE PHONES 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ritelcarlos

Technical User
Dec 19, 2005
US
Hello

I have a system its a magix 4.0 ck5 with 412 card and 016 t/r card. The digital phones are 4412d and the single line phones are regular 2500 sets. I activated privacy on my 4412D by going to each phone and pressing intercom # 31 display said privacy . the system is in key mode. My question is do i have to activate privacy on my single line phones or is it set by default .

thank you

You will need to activate the feature on all of the single line sets. On the Magix privacy is not factory set and has to be set on a set by set basis.
From the Single Line Users Guide
Privacy prevents co-workers who share a line with you from joining your calls. You can turn on the
feature before or during a call; it remains on for all calls to and from your extension until you turn it
off. If another person has already joined your call, turning Privacy on does not drop the person. A call
on hold is not protected by Privacy.
To use Privacy when you are not on a call:
1. Lift the handset.
2. To turn Privacy on, dial #31. To turn Privacy off, dial #*31.
To use Privacy when you are on a call:*
1. Put the call on hold by pressing and releasing the Flash button.
For older single-line telephones, press and release the switchhook or Flash button.
2. To turn Privacy on, dial #31. To turn Privacy off, dial #*31.
3. Return to the call by again pressing and releasing the Flash button.
For older single-line telephones, press and release the switchhook or Flash button.
* If Transfer has been disabled by the system manager, you cannot use Privacy when you are on a call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back