Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Privacy Content & Terms of Service 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DotNetGnat

Programmer
Mar 10, 2005
IN
Hello Everyone,

I have a basic question. I am planning to release a social network kinda website(beta version, available only to friends currently) and I was wondering where can I get hold of Privacy Content and Terms of Service documents.

Can I copy content from some website and put it on my own site. Or do I need to write my own document? or do I need to get it from somewhere?

Please advise and provide any other related suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

-DNG

Can I copy content from some website and put it on my own site. Or do I need to write my own document? or do I need to get it from somewhere?

You can do any of those things. You could copy the w3c privacy policy (adjusting for your purposes) or generate one with this OECD Privacy Statement Generator or write your own.

Greg
"Personally, I am always ready to learn, although I do not always like being taught." - Winston Churchill

great..thanks so much for the information. I was wondering if it would be considered plaigarism if i copied from someone else's site.

I will also try to give the OECD a try. have a star.

-DNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back