Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

priv1.edb restore 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimburris

MIS
Dec 2, 2003
Is there a way to restore the priv1.edb file and nothing else to a different location from Arcserve Brightstor software. I( do have the Exchange agent loaded and the backups work great. I can restore to the default location. I want to resore priv1.edb and use Recovery Manager from Quest Software to restore only one mailbox. I don't have a brick level backup recent enuogh to satisfy my boss.

You could only restore it as a flat file if you backed it up as a flat file. By default when an application/database backup agent is installed it will skip the flat file (filesystem) backup.

You could always setup a temp exchange server and restore it to there - usually you would do this on a separate LAN and call the server name and exchange org and levels exactly the same as the original server to avoid problems during restore.

You can restore the store to another server that has the agent. I setup a temporary Exchange server, load the backup agent (you can use the trial version), restore the whole store to this 2nd server. Stop the services, and there's your .edb file.... The temporary server store has to be named the same thing (I put my 2nd server in a different domain to avoid any confusion). It's a little combersome, but it works.

Good luck,
Debi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back