Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Priority

Status
Not open for further replies.

CallwaveEmp

Technical User
Aug 30, 2002
I have set and reset the priority of my main job - it is a mix of Unix and NT Backups. I want the NT backups to run furst, the Unix ones second. I have tried putting all of the Unix boxes on bottom, then top, but neither one worked.

Have I missed a setting?

D

We have the same problem. We only get it to work once and the next time when the backup is rescheduled, priority is completely ignored.

Eva

What version of Arcserve are you running on what type of OS (inc. SPs) -----------------------------------------------------
"It's true, its damn true!"
-----------------------------------------------------

> What version of Arcserve are you running on what type of > OS (inc. SPs)

Arcserve 2000 with servicepack 4. But we had the problem already when we had servicepack 2

Eva

everytime you change the prioriy of the job, you have to save the job and resubmit it...

cheers
speshalyst So it Shall be Written!
So it Shall be Done!!

> everytime you change the prioriy of the job, you have to > save the job and resubmit it...

I know and then it works. But the next day when the same job runs, the priority is lost. I have seen this in differen environments already.

Eva

Same exact symptoms here - on both Arcserve 2K SP2, and SP4.
I only change the priority then save & submit.

David

I have arcserve 6.61 for NT. My experience is ANYTIME I change ANYTHING on a job, the source priority gets hosed up. I then have to reset the source priority and then resubmit the job. Once I do this, these settings stay set.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back