Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Priority Routing

Status
Not open for further replies.

fhirani

MIS
Feb 6, 2004
CA
SCCS 4.2

In the master script, can I route a call to a CDN with a priority? Or to a primary application Script with a priority?

I want calls that come in from a particular CDN to have a higher priority in the queue than other calls, without having the calls go to a different skillset.

i.e.

WHERE CDN 1911
Route call general_sript

Where CDN 1922
Route call 1911 with Priority 1
OR
Route call general_script with Priority 1

Is this possible? Or is there a way to identify the CDN the call came from, within an application script
i.e.

General_Script
If CDN=1922
Queue to general_skillset with priority 1

You need to queue the calls with priority within the Primary Script. For the high priority CDN you use QUEUE TO SKILLSET <skillsetname> WITH PRIORITY 1 and for the other CDNs QUEUE TO SKILLSET <skillsetname> WITH PRIORITY 2-6.
If the calls enter different CDNs they can be queued to same skillset.

Also, you actually don't route a CDN to script, you "execute" another script. In the Master Script, you would have an area like this:

WHERE CDN EQUALS
VALUE 1234: EXECUTE SCRIPT first_script
VALUE 5678: EXECUTE SCRIPT second_script
DEFAULT: EXECUTE SCRIPT catchall_script
END WHERE

Then, in those scripts, you would queue to a skillset with a certain priority, as Skaret said.

Thanks!

The problem I have is that in the master I am doing CLID routing,

based on the CLID of the call it is routing to one of 9 primary scripts.

If the call comes in on our TECH CDN (For tech support) I want to execute the appropriate primary script based on CLID. This works for all the tech's that call from their own phones (use a VIP routing statement in the appropriate primary script to queue to a skillset with a higher priority) but it doesn't address the scenario of the tech calling from a clients desk (the call would queue to skillset with normal priority).

I don't want to add a tech skillset to all the agents.

If I have the calls go to a tech script, then queueing to the appropriate skillset with a higher priority would work, but my #'s in my 9 primary application reports would be off (the application numbers would not equal the skillset numbers)

Im guessing I'll just need to do the tech script solution, unless anybody else has any ideas?

I really do appreciate all your help!

fhirani,

Correct me if I'm wrong. Basically you want to use tech support cdn to queue the calls to tech support skillset if the clid is not in the list.

Master_Script

WHERE CLID EQUALS
VALUE 1234 : EXECUTE SCRIPT vip1_script
VALUE 5678 : EXECUTE SCRIPT vip2_script
VALUE 6789 : EXECUTE SCRIPT vip9_script
DEFAULT : EXECUTE SCRIPT General_Script
END WHERE

General_Script
IF (CDN = 1922) THEN
QUEUE TO SKILLSET Tech_Support_sk WITH PRIORITY 1
WAIT 2
ELSE
QUEUE TO SKILLSET General_Skillset
WAIT 2
END IF

If you create a script that just has QUEUE TO SKILLSET Sales_sk is there a default priority assumed by the system?

Each of these lines is for an independent client so they must stay segregated. I have many toll free numbers that come in and and each DNIS is associated with its own CDN. I have the Master script that reads like this:

Master Script:
/* Title: Master Script */

WHERE CDN EQUALS
VALUE 3002: EXECUTE SCRIPT Sales
VALUE 3051: EXECUTE SCRIPT Support
VALUE 3053: EXECUTE SCRIPT CS
VALUE 3044: EXECUTE SCRIPT Order
VALUE 3043: EXECUTE SCRIPT TECH_XFER
VALUE 3054: EXECUTE SCRIPT XFER_CS
ETC....ETC...ETC

Some agents are in multiple skillsets but I need to make sure that calls offered to Order script, which is then offered to the Order_sk gets the highest priority.

Currently my scripts do not define the priority. They all look like the script below. I need to give the order script the highest priority. So if my agent is logged into Order, CS, and Sales I need the Order calls to be answered first? Hope this makes sense..

SECTION open_treatment

IF OUT OF SERVICE Order_sk (or the skillset for this line) THEN
ROUTE CALL voice_mail
ELSE
QUEUE TO SKILLSET Order_sk
END IF
WAIT 2

GIVE CONTROLLED BROADCAST ANNOUNCEMENT 3659
PLAY PROMPT VOICE SEGMENT vs_hold1
WAIT 2
GIVE MUSIC hold_music
WAIT 60
GIVE CONTROLLED BROADCAST ANNOUNCEMENT 3659
PLAY PROMPT VOICE SEGMENT vs_hold2
EXECUTE continue_to_hold

It used to be that the default priority was 6 if you didn't assign anything but I'm not sure if that is the case any longer.

The best way to fix it is to just do this....

QUEUE TO SKILLSET Order_sk with PRIORITY 1

change all the others to...
QUEUE TO SKILLSET OTHER_sk with PRIORITY 6

There are several ways to do this using call variables and global variables to prevent continued bouncing of scripts with changes.

Make several new Global Variables PRIORITY called...

Priority_1_gv Value 1
Priority_2_gv Value 2
Priority_3_gv Value 3
Priority_4_gv Value 4
Priotiry_5_gv Value 5
Priority_6_gv Value 6

and one more but a Call Variable PRIORITY...

Priority_cv Value 6(Default)

Change the lines in your script to look like this:

QUEUE TO SKILLSET Order_sk with Priority_cv

and in the Master Script somepoint use:

ASSIGN Priority_6_cv to Priority_cv

Do it at whatever point you are filtering your calls using the where statment like....

WHERE CLID EQUALS
VALUE 1234 : ASSIGN Priority_1_gv to Priority_cv
EXECUTE SCRIPT vip1_script
VALUE 5678 : ASSIGN Priority_2_gv to Priority_cv
EXECUTE SCRIPT vip2_script
DEFAULT : ASSIGN Priority_6_gv to Priority_cv
EXECUTE SCRIPT General_Script
END WHERE

This way you don't have to modify all of your scripts to make changes. If you went a step farther and assigned priority by line of business you could give certain lines of business some priority over others...

Using the Business name instead of Priority:

ASSIGN HomeDepot_gv to Priority_cv

ASSIGN Priority_6_gv to Priority_cv

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back