Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Priority Call , DND and Hunt Group 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrianCosta

Systems Engineer
Oct 25, 2018
JO
Hi ...

I have GM Office 3 IP Phones.

- K175
- J179
- B199

The GM has on each phones DND and Expection List
The GM has Direct DID from the PRI line and ring on all three phones

I have created a HuntGroup and put the three phones on it with a collective ring type.
I have created a short code *777 with a Priority call to HG
I have made ICR to point out this shortcode.

Now, all 3 phones are ringing, but when I answer the call from one of the phones, the other phones are still ringing, and when I am talking I hear the tone of the ringing like I am waiting to be answered

I try many things but all not working, any idea to out from this ???

This is because when you use the short code 'Priority call' and sent it to a Hunt Group, this will establish a conference call between the K175, J179 & B199 by calling all three extensions. If you pick up one handset, the others will keep ringing until all parties pick up.

The give away is on each display as it would have been displaying 'Conf + the hunt group number'

Priority call is designed to work in conjunction with a single extension number, not a hunt group.

Thanks, Tim
Adelaide, Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back