Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Prioritizing VOIP over GRE tunnel on 877

Status
Not open for further replies.

richardrscc

IS-IT--Management
Jul 25, 2008
GB
Hi

I've been struggling a bit with this, so I'd be very grateful if anyone can help.

Have a remote site connected to the main site using a site-to-site gre tunnel. Theres an IPphone at the remote site which connects to one ip address at the main site (an avaya box) for which I need to ensure the traffic is prioritised outbound from the remote site - as often call quality is poor when data is being transferred.

I have already prioritsed the vpn traffic successfully, but need to prioritise the traffic to that particular IP over the other VPN traffic.

However it seems I can't apply cbfwq to a sub interface.

I've worked through the example here: to make a parent interface however I get stuck at the 'shape average percent' command, as it seems the shape command is not supported on the 877 (?)

What other options do I have for ensuring the voip is prioritised?

TIA

Richard

if you're going over the internet there is no such thing as prioritization. the only thing you can control is what traffic is put in the hardware queue first for exiting your router. what version of ios are you using??

I hate all Uppercase... I don't want my groups to seem angry at me all the time! =)
- ColdFlame (vbscript forum)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back