Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

prioritising viop traffic via Vlan

Status
Not open for further replies.

SAFCMSWALKER

Technical User
Mar 29, 2010
GB
We have a situation where we need set up a temporary office at short notice I have been offered two 4MB dsl services bundled together to provide 8MB down and 2MB up. We are using Cisco 3750 POE switches with Ip services IOS the router will be managed by the ISP routing traffic back to main MPLS network. I have to run voip over these circuits as well as data...My question is ..Is there a way of giving the voip traffic (in its own Vlan) priority over the data traffic before it hits the DSL circuit so we achive better call quality?

Does the ISP offer Class of Service?

If so, you just need to make sure your 3750 is passing DSCP-tagged traffic to the ISP and then check that it's coming out still tagged at the other end.

If not, you would need to limit the bandwidth for non-voice outgoing traffic - and I'm not sure you can apply QoS on outgoing on a 3750, only incoming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back