Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PrintTime Evaluation - Format Changes when Printing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NixyJ

MIS
Jul 13, 2004
GB
Crystal Reports XI
PostgreSQL 8.0 DB
WinXP Desktop

Hi there,

I wonder if someone can help me please!

I have a report where the Page and Report headers background's are black. Our company logo is white on black, so makes the reports aesthetically pleasing!! buuuuuutttt... our purse strings are straining with the cost of toner!

I'd like to change the format of the section when printing out hard copies to be white but keep the black headers for onscreen viewing.

I can't find any PrintTime, (as in printer printing not printing records), functions so I thought i could maybe do something with Datediff between currenttime and printime and change when the difference is less than 5 seconds maybe?

I'd love any advice that anyone can offer, is there a more elegant way to do this?

Lastly, does anyone know at which exact point the printtime field is set?

Many thanks for any help anyone can offer!
NixyJ x

Unfortunately, PrintTime refers to when the page is printed to the screen rather than to the printer.
I can't offhand think of anything formulaic that would apply to printing to a printer.

Hi there,

Thanks for the reply, I'm guessing I just can't do what needs to be done... I'm all out of ideas!

Apologies for not replying sooner, I didn't get my email notification that someone had replied!

Many thanks,
NixyJ

I can't think of a way to do this at printtime, but you could do one of two things:

1-Create a parameter that asks whether the user wants to view only or print the report, and then have alternative page headers which are conditionally suppressed based on the response, or:

2-Add an on-demand subreport with the white background that has a subreport caption of "Print version" that acts as hyperlink to the subreport.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back