Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PrintPreview freezes and does not let me print

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpgactmod

Technical User
Feb 12, 2004
US
I just converted to Excel 2007. The below code in a Visual Basic Module worked fine for Excel 2003, but now it PrintPreviews the worksheets but does not let me actually print or even close PrintPreview. I can scroll through the PrintPreview pages but everything else is frozen. I can only get out of PrintPreview by hitting my "Esc" key.
Any suggestions as to how I can get PrintPreview to actually let me print will be much appreciated.

Sheets(Array("ToC", "Pr_Hdr", "Scenarios")).Select
Sheets("ToC").Activate
ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintPreview

Hi,

I was wondering if you ever got this to work. I have the same problem.

Hi Jake,

I was beginning to think that I was all alone. I am not sure it will solve your problem, but by trial and error I did find what was causing my problem.

I generally turn off "screen updating" in all my macros to speed things up a little and avoid vertigo by watching worksheets bounce all over the place. As you may know, screen updating is turned off as follows:

application.screenupdating = false

This is what caused my problem in Excel 2007 that was not a problem in prior Excel versions. Prior to running the "print preview" command, I turned screen updating on with:

application.screenupdating = true

That solved the problem. Hope it works for you as well - please let me know.

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back