Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printout of Group Policy..how?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 19, 2002
GB
Hi

How do you print out the entire GP ie user and computer config (it needs to go onto a wall etc etc)

exporting only goes down 1 level

thanks "Work to live, don't live to work"

"The problem with troubleshooting is that sometimes it shoots back"

not sure exactly what you're looking for, but how about a GPRESULT in verbose mode?

gpresult is not what I need

I need to print out each "granular" item of the group policy that is configurable

The printout will be used in a meeting where the decision makers will mark the items to be configured etc and I'll implement it

any help would be appreciated "Work to live, don't live to work"

"The problem with troubleshooting is that sometimes it shoots back"

I had the same problem before. I did print screens of the entire GPO. whatever the boss wants right!!!

Intellimirror comes with excel files with discriptions of Microsofts own scenerios. For example their version of a kiosk. I took that, cleared the entries, and manually checked off what I had done.

gaveeve, can you be specific on how to retrieve it? I've never worked with intellimirror.

Well, I'm not surprised this was difficult to find. This was really hidden.
Go to and download IntellimirorScenarios.msi. Open and click along until it installs. Then go to Start/Programs/Intellimirror Scenarios and open one of the excel files(or scenarios). Select column H by clicking on it. Go to Edit/clear/contents. Then you have a blank worksheet with all the groupings. Beware, the headings are not always correct(close enough and wouldn't take alot to correct). If you want to print this out, its large.

You can export folder by folder from GPO using "Export list...".

A detailed result you can have also looking in the:
C:\WINNT\SYSVOL\sysvol\<domain>\Policies\xxxxxx
Browse, and open some of the files from there. In those files is the GPO stored, Not in AD. Everything should be in those files. Check them. Gia Betiu
giabetiu@chello.nl
Computer Eng. CNE 4, CNE 5, MCSE Win2K

thanks to everyone I'll give this a go &quot;Work to live, don't live to work&quot;

&quot;The problem with troubleshooting is that sometimes it shoots back&quot;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back