Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printmig problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterPhil

IS-IT--Management
Jul 6, 2004
GB
I have just used printmig for the second time and although everything appeared to work fine, half a day later, some printers are losing the connection to the printers on the new server, others are working fine.

Even though no errors are generated in the error log, a restart of the print spooler seems to make things work for 10 minutes or so, then half the users stop being able to print again.

Now the reason I have done this for the second time is that I originally restored the printmig backup onto a Windows XP machine rather than the Windows 2000 Server that the backup had been taken from.

Any help or directions would be greatly received as I can't see even think what to try next... except sticking the old server back until I find out what the problem is....

Phil

Second running was onto a new Windows 2000 Server installation but exactly the same problem. Aaaaahhhhhh!!!!! I can't fathom what the problem is, I have checked obvious stuff like network speeds and duplexing, I even changed the IP out of desperation. I have read all the notes I can find about printmig but can find nothing that might even give me a clue as to what the problem is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back