Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunluva

Programmer
Jan 30, 2003
ZA
Plse could someone give me advice on the following....

a) How to print formated text files which retain their format when printed? Im currently printing using the TextFilePrintDocument class provided by Microsoft which prints a stream to the printer but the columns end up all over the place.

b) How to plot a form containing very detailed graphics to a printer?

c) Printing the same file/graphics plot to different printers so that they all look the same?

As im sure these can be quite complex issues where is the best place to learn about printing as none of the VB.net "books" i have bought deal with it other than to mention the print dialogs in the common dialog controls.

Thanx 4 the help

As stated at the end of your post, outputting to the printer is a delicate issue because what I am happy with the next person will find tacky. Anyway, I trust Microsoft to get it right as much as I trust the government to protect me from spam. The old Printer.Print routines have been moved to System.Drawing and renamed to the PrintDocument class. It is a fight to get formats proper and such, but it is the only way I have found to get an output that I am happy with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back