Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing

Status
Not open for further replies.

meloadri

Technical User
Apr 7, 2009
US
I have two printers in my pc, printer A and printer B. printer A is set as my default, however when i try to print a report from business object infoview, it has printer B as the printer to print to. I have to constantly change to printer A. Is there a way to fix it so that it chooses my default printer? Thanks

i believe when you design the report, it saves the printer used and will look for and print to that printer if available.

you would need to open the report and choose the default printer then resave the report.

OR...create an imaginary printer that does not exist on your network/computer and then when printing it should go to your default printer instead.

The report has been around for a while and when they previously printed the report it was choosing the right printer. We had to move the infoview to a different server a couple weeks ago. That's when two of three users began with the issue. All 3 users have the same default printer. How come when one prints the report it goes to the right printer but not the other 2 users?

Do all three users print to the same printer, or is the one where this is working printing to a different printer?

-Dell

A computer only does what you actually told it to do - not what you thought you told it to do.

All three users print to the same default printer. I checked and made sure that the 2 non working users have the same inforview settings as the working one.

Do all three users also have the second printer defined?

-Dell

A computer only does what you actually told it to do - not what you thought you told it to do.

They actually have more than 2 printers but they are pretty mutch the same. All 3 have the same default printer and extra printers including the one that the report is defaulting to.

That simply doesn't make sense. InfoView simply uses your browser's print settings.

Or you have to set your printer in Acrobat Reader if you are viewing as PDF.

Steve Krandel
Intuit

We are not using Acrobat. For the DHTML viewer printing we are using ActiveX printing control (One click printing). I just loged on into Infoview from my pc and my printing is fine(defaulting to the right printer). I dont have the second printer they have though. I have my default and a Microsoft XPS document writer printer. Its just those 2 users so it must be a local setting but I am not sure what.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back