Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing X number of barcode labels starting at y.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJWheezyWeez

Technical User
Jun 5, 2008
US
I'm creating a barcode sticker that will be printed with two stickers side by side on a roll. I've created the report to work for a single barcode sticker for whatever number I type in. What I can't do is get this do increment by 1 for a count of stickers. For example, I want to print out 2000 stickers starting at 115000 which would give me 115000-116999. Is this possible to do? And if so, is it possible to do without creating tables?

Are you saying that you're not connecting to any table at all?
You're just wanting to print out labels based on the number that you type in to a parameter?

Bob Suruncle

Correct. The way I'm seeing this working is with two parameters, one for the number you want to start at and another for the number of labels. If you type in 115000 to start at and 5 for the count, I essentially want the detail section (which is where I'm building this) to duplicate 5 times and increment by 1 each time.

You're going to need some kind of data source for the report.(could be as simple as an Excel sheet)
A Detail Section will be created for each record read from the data source.
Since you're not currently reading any rows from a table, you just get the one detail section created.

Bob Suruncle

As I play around trying to get it to work, it seems as though you're right. Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back