Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing with JS (code)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mae

Programmer
Apr 7, 2000
ES
Is there any way printing documents with JS code? but i want to print a text diferent that text in the window, i mean i want to send the printer a diferent text that the current document the user can view in the window. I think the only way to do that is using a hide text box, but i need to use a formatted text.<br><br>Is this posssible???

I'm not sure, but I think can use a hidden frame, and use the window.frames[&quot;myhiddenframe&quot;].print(). Store the the text in the hidden frame, formatted however you want, with tables or pre or whatever.<br><br><br><A HREF="mailto:jared@aauser.com">jared@aauser.com</A>

CSS2 has different options for printing, you might want to look into that. It'll take the same document, but given special hooks, will print it differently. <p>Liam Morley<br><a href=mailto:lmorley@wpi.edu>lmorley@wpi.edu</a><br><a href=] :: imotic :: website :: [</a><br>"light the deep, and bring silence to the world.<br>
light the world, and bring depth to the silence.

thank's imotic.<br><br>where can i get some information about printing options with CSS2?. Do you know a URL?<br>

Netscape 4 hasn't implemented the printing stuff as far as I know, so if your printing has to be cross-browser, that's not going to work. I'd have a link to a printable version of the page- you'll see that kind of thing all over the place. If you don't want to duplicate your efforts, put everything in one XML document and then write a parsing script or seperate XHTML documents (that is, if you know XML). <p>Liam Morley<br><a href=mailto:lmorley@wpi.edu>lmorley@wpi.edu</a><br><a href=] :: imotic :: website :: [</a><br>"light the deep, and bring silence to the world.<br>
light the world, and bring depth to the silence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back